Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Brian Brian is offline

Default Error in Mail Merge with MS Access - can't find data source

I have an Access database originally created in ''97 version. In the program
I had modules which would open a specific Word Document which had been set up
to merge with a query which gave specific data for the merge. The database
was converted to '2000 version and stopped working and his since been
converted to '03 version. The first error is "Can't find visible tables". If
I use to options button I can see the query but then when I try to merge the
error comes up as "Can't find datasource". Any ideas would be appreciated.
--
Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If this is being executed from Access (In the program I had modules ...) you
would need to show the code contained in those modules, but it may be that
you would be better off to ask in an Access newsgroup.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Brian" wrote in message
I have an Access database originally created in ''97 version. In the
program
I had modules which would open a specific Word Document which had been set
up
to merge with a query which gave specific data for the merge. The database
was converted to '2000 version and stopped working and his since been
converted to '03 version. The first error is "Can't find visible tables".
If
I use to options button I can see the query but then when I try to merge
the
error comes up as "Can't find datasource". Any ideas would be appreciated.
--
Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

1. Is the Word document already connected to its data source, or do you do
that in Access code?

2. You may need to take account of the following article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825765/en-us

3. Word 2002 and later use OLE DB by default to open Access data sources
(Word 97 and 2000 used DDE). OLE DB cannot "see" certain types of query,
e.g. parameter queries, or any query containing almost? any of the financial
series functions.

Peter Jamieson