Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tkruby tkruby is offline

Default mail merge

I have Microsoft Office 2003. I am trying to do an email merge through word.
I get to the point where it says electronic mail. I click on that and I fill
in the merge to email dialog box and click ok and nothing happens. I don't
think word is recognizing Outlook as the source to send the emails. Do I
have Outlook set up wrong? Can you help me figure out what I am doing wrong?
I hope that makes sense.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

This may not solve your problem, but usually it is better to start a merge
to e-mail from Outlook - select the contacts you want to use, then use
Outlook Tools|Mail Merge... to set up the merge.

Peter Jamieson

"tkruby" wrote in message
I have Microsoft Office 2003. I am trying to do an email merge through
word.
I get to the point where it says electronic mail. I click on that and I
fill
in the merge to email dialog box and click ok and nothing happens. I
don't
think word is recognizing Outlook as the source to send the emails. Do I
have Outlook set up wrong? Can you help me figure out what I am doing
wrong?
I hope that makes sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
thePapa thePapa is offline

Same problem for me, using Word 2002 with Outlook 2003. Any clues? Merging
from contacts doesn't help, as my custom message content and recipient list
are from an MS Access database.

"tkruby" wrote:

I have Microsoft Office 2003. I am trying to do an email merge through word.
I get to the point where it says electronic mail. I click on that and I fill
in the merge to email dialog box and click ok and nothing happens. I don't
think word is recognizing Outlook as the source to send the emails. Do I
have Outlook set up wrong? Can you help me figure out what I am doing wrong?
I hope that makes sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
thePapa thePapa is offline

Aha...found the answer in another posting: Outlook and Word versions must be
from the same office suite:

-BEGIN PASTE-

Subject: Error: Outlook 2003 won't allow mail merge when using Word
2000? 4/6/2007 10:19 AM PST

By: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] In:
microsoft.public.outlook.contacts

Correct. Outlook and Office versions have always had to match for
automation functions to work. Not an error.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, StepOne asked:

| Error in Outlook says Outlook is incompatable with installed version
| of Microsoft Word (I have Word 2000 and Outlook 2003) ... for the
| purpose of mail merging contact lists.

- END PASTE -