Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DeepThought DeepThought is offline

Default Format date from MM/dd/yyyy to MM/dd

The field in my Access database is Birth.

The data in the field appears as ex. 10/2/1964 but when printed on a report
it should appear as 10/2.

I've tried the following:
{Mergefield Birth \@ "MM/dd"}
{Mergefield "Birth" \@ "MM/dd"}
{Mergefield Birth \* "MM/dd"}
{Mergefield "Birth" \* "MM/dd"}

but the data returned is 10/2/1964.

Any help?

I need to have this resolved by THU close of business.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Can you find out what data type the field has in the Access database? Is it
a "date", or is it actually set up to be "text"? Which version of
Word/Access, and how are you oonnecing to the Word database? Are you in a
position to create queries in the database or use VBA in Word?

(FWIW I would expect your first two examples to work).

Peter Jamieson
"DeepThought" wrote in message
The field in my Access database is Birth.

The data in the field appears as ex. 10/2/1964 but when printed on a
report
it should appear as 10/2.

I've tried the following:
{Mergefield Birth \@ "MM/dd"}
{Mergefield "Birth" \@ "MM/dd"}
{Mergefield Birth \* "MM/dd"}
{Mergefield "Birth" \* "MM/dd"}

but the data returned is 10/2/1964.

Any help?

I need to have this resolved by THU close of business.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DeepThought DeepThought is offline

Data Type: text

Word 2003
Access 2003

Not certain of connection type, but this is a database I just created for
testing (a single table) before I handed it off to the lead programmer--the
queries were automatically written by virtue of using the Mail Merge utility,
as I understand it.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DeepThought DeepThought is offline

Actually, the lead programmer and I got the first example to run properly!

All's well that ends well!