Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Fl. Adolph Peter Fl. Adolph is offline

Default How to 'freeze' mergefields so that only the values are left?

A client has sent me a manual that contains merged data ('Mergefields'), and
for some reason I cannot process the manual through my translation software.
I think the problem is that the mergefields are left as coded fields in the
Word doc.

?: Is there some easy way to 'freeze' the values that the client merged into
the Word doc, so that only text (and thus no codes) are left?

I can manually replace all mergefields with the required text, but it will
take me a lot of time ...

Appreciate any help!
/Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Select the document, e.g. using ctrl-A, and press ctrl-shift-F9 to "fix"
the fields. Some field types may remain. I would avoid doing the same in
headers and footers, or if you must, try to avoid "fixing" fields whose
results vary from page to page (e.g. { PAGE } fields.

Peter Jamieson
"Peter Fl. Adolph" Peter Fl. wrote in
message ...

Mergefields Island Girl New Users 1 September 4th 06 01:41 AM
Problem arises when ref bookmark is added in the header ,it does not take the modified values and displays the same old values divya Microsoft Word Help 2 July 6th 06 01:08 PM
Problem arises when ref bookmark is added in the header ,it does not take the modified values and displays the same old values divya Microsoft Word Help 0 July 6th 06 11:47 AM
MERGEFIELDS Nathan Franklin Mailmerge 9 February 27th 06 12:57 AM
remove mergefields, keep values Jim Zoupas Mailmerge 2 March 15th 05 09:25 AM