Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LaurieB LaurieB is offline

Default Access 2003 qry merge to word

Using switches to format mergefields. Is there a way to not show a zero in a
percentage field? Office Manager would like to show 13.3% ; in the case of
07.3% not have the 0 show.
--
LaurieB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you use Alt-f9 to look at the underlying field code, what do you see?

If you have something like

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber }

try changing it to

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber \#0.0% }

Peter Jamieson
"LaurieB" wrote in message
Using switches to format mergefields. Is there a way to not show a zero
in a
percentage field? Office Manager would like to show 13.3% ; in the case
of
07.3% not have the 0 show.
--
LaurieB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LaurieB LaurieB is offline

We tried using { MERGEFIELD mynumber \#0.0% } what happens is if the
percentage is 13.3% it shows as 3.3%.
we currently have { MERGEFIELD Contribution \# .00.0% }. For some reason
they have a . in front of the 00.
--
LaurieB

"LaurieB" wrote in message
Using switches to format mergefields. Is there a way to not show a zero
in a
percentage field? Office Manager would like to show 13.3% ; in the case
of
07.3% not have the 0 show.
--
LaurieB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LaurieB LaurieB is offline

Peter,
We took the switch out and just used { MERGEFIELD Contribution }. Here are
some of the different results that I copied from the merged document to he
0.153, 0.15, 0.25, 0.237083, 0.1122, 0.0.

I hope this helps and I really appreciate your prompt assistance with this.
--
LaurieB

"LaurieB" wrote in message
Using switches to format mergefields. Is there a way to not show a
zero
in a
percentage field? Office Manager would like to show 13.3% ; in the
case
of
07.3% not have the 0 show.
--
LaurieB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

OK, try

{ ={ MERGEFIELD Contribution }*100 \#0.0% }

Both pairs of {} need to be the special field code braces that you can
insert using ctrl-F9 - everything else is ordinary text.

(That's assuming 0.153 should display as 15.3% )

Peter Jamieson