Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Eric in Cypress Eric in Cypress is offline

Default why are some queries missing when I look for a data source?

I exported a Access 2000 database into Access 2007. One of my queries in the
database uses a module. I made the folder containing the database a trusted
source. When I try to do a mailmerge in Word 2007 using this database and
select my data source, I don't see my query. I see other queries from this
database but not the one using the module. What am I missing? Thanks in
advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The default method that Word 2007 uses to connect to Access data (OLE DB)
uses the underlying Jet database engine, which does not know how to execute
references to Access VBA user-defined functions (or "modules" if you prefer)
.. Tou se them from WOrd mailmerge, you have to connect using DDE - in Word
2007, you should be able to do that by cliicking the Office Button, then
going to WOrd Options-Advanced-General, then checking "Confirm file format
conversion on open". Then go through th process of connecting to your mail
merge data source, and in the addiitonal dialog after you select the data
file, select the DDE option. If you don't see that option, check the Show
All box in the "Confirm Data Source" dialog box and you should be able to
find it in the list.

Peter Jamieson
"Eric in Cypress" Eric in wrote in
message ...