Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
trolley747 trolley747 is offline

Default Using Excel for Mailmerge - coming in at 6 decimal points?

I am trying to use an excel spreadsheet to do a mail merge for hourly rates
of pay. I am using for example a rate of £5.84. When this merges into word it
is showing as 5.83999999. The cells in excel are formatted correctly and i
have tried it with text and number cells but still doesnt work?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The formatting of cells in Excel only controls the way in which Excel
displays the data, not the way in which it is stored.

To learn how to control the way in which data is presented when mail merged
into Word, See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP