Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
movette movette is offline

Default How can I change back to File,edit,view,tools etc

I have Office 2007 and HATE the layout of commands. Can I get back the
'banner' in WORD, that has pull down menus and headings like File. edit,
view, tools etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Not without some 3rd party help - 2007 does not provide what might be
referred to as the "classic" interface. This quote from Herb Tyson to a
recent similar inquiry should help:

Given what you want, I have the PERFECT program to recommend. It's called
Word 2003. ;-)

However, if you're stuck with Word 2007, there are several "solutions" that
provide a classic Word interface for Word 2007. If you google the following
terms, you'll find some helpful matches:

word 2007 classic menus

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/4/07 11:24 AM, in article
, "movette"
wrote:

I have Office 2007 and HATE the layout of commands. Can I get back the
'banner' in WORD, that has pull down menus and headings like File. edit,
view, tools etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"movette" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and HATE the layout of commands. Can I get back the
'banner' in WORD, that has pull down menus and headings like File. edit,
view, tools etc.

You can add your frequently-used commands to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Otherwise it's just a matter of a learning curve.....like any new
application.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
movette movette is offline

Thanks
I guess I will stick with what I have NOT OFFICE 2007.
That was a pretty easy choice. I need to make progress with the tools I use
and not spend time trying to find where things are/were.
Bob

wrote:

I have Office 2007 and HATE the layout of commands. Can I get back the
'banner' in WORD, that has pull down menus and headings like File. edit,
view, tools etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pissed Pissed is offline

I will have to agree, Some Dumb**ck from Microsoft (Just out of UNI I bet)
came up with this idea. Sure I dont mind change, but would have liked the
option to have a transitional period. Not the €˜here you go guys, like it or
lump it type of attitude (seems that this is becoming the common standard
from Microsoft)

Very unhappy, will be looking for something else non Microsoft in the future.

"Gordon" wrote:

"movette" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and HATE the layout of commands. Can I get back the
'banner' in WORD, that has pull down menus and headings like File. edit,
view, tools etc.

You can add your frequently-used commands to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Otherwise it's just a matter of a learning curve.....like any new
application.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbon...izer/index.php.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Gordon" wrote:

"movette" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and HATE the layout of commands. Can I get back the
'banner' in WORD, that has pull down menus and headings like File.
edit,
view, tools etc.

You can add your frequently-used commands to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Otherwise it's just a matter of a learning curve.....like any new
application.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

And please note, ****ed, that the Ribbon Customizer was designed by a recent
university graduate. The Ribbon was designed by veteran Microsoft developers
based on feedback from Word users. If you opted not to provide such feedback
(through the CEIP program), then you missed your chance to contribute.

"Gordon" wrote:

"movette" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and HATE the layout of commands. Can I get back the
'banner' in WORD, that has pull down menus and headings like File.
edit,
view, tools etc.

You can add your frequently-used commands to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Otherwise it's just a matter of a learning curve.....like any new
application.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JohnR JohnR is offline

THIS IS CALLED "PROGRESS" I think.
Excuse the caps, but I get a little irritated when someone thinks that
Microsoft (or any company) works exclusively for him/her.

John

"Gordon" wrote:

"movette" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and HATE the layout of commands. Can I get back the
'banner' in WORD, that has pull down menus and headings like File.
edit,
view, tools etc.

You can add your frequently-used commands to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Otherwise it's just a matter of a learning curve.....like any new
application.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B@22980 B@22980 is offline

Default Classic Interface

What is Gates thinking changing the interface I have used for the last 15
years!!!! HOW TOTALLY RUDE of Microsoft to stick this to me and all of us!!!
Then to top it off I have to go and pay some third party $15 to $20 bucks
to provide me with a usable interface????

What a crock Bill!!! Thanks for nothing
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B@22980[_2_] B@22980[_2_] is offline

What a stupid reply!!! Customers saying they hate it and all you can say is
:just a learning curve" Way to **** off everyone!!!

"Gordon" wrote:

"movette" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and HATE the layout of commands. Can I get back the
'banner' in WORD, that has pull down menus and headings like File. edit,
view, tools etc.

You can add your frequently-used commands to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Otherwise it's just a matter of a learning curve.....like any new
application.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"B@22980" wrote in message
What a stupid reply!!! Customers saying they hate it and all you can say
is
:just a learning curve" Way to **** off everyone!!!

Then why did they buy it? What stupid behaviour. Do you buy a new car
without trying it out first?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"B@22980" wrote in message
What is Gates thinking changing the interface I have used for the last 15
years!!!! HOW TOTALLY RUDE of Microsoft to stick this to me and all of
us!!!
Then to top it off I have to go and pay some third party $15 to $20 bucks
to provide me with a usable interface????

What a crock Bill!!! Thanks for nothing

Then DON'T BUY IT! Simple. Well it is for someone with even moderate
intelligence....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You do realise that this Newsgroup is a peer-to-peer support group and that
there are no Microsofties monitoring it (or VERY rarely). The reply isn't
that stupid. It isn't like we can wave a magic wand and make it perfect for
the poster. It's a learning curve and if someone is that unhappy using it,
then try Google, Open Office or one of the other free word processors.

Please don't shout at us: all we can do is report the facts.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Gordon" wrote:

"movette" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and HATE the layout of commands. Can I get back the
'banner' in WORD, that has pull down menus and headings like File.
edit,
view, tools etc.

You can add your frequently-used commands to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Otherwise it's just a matter of a learning curve.....like any new
application.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kevin Kevin is offline

Sorry John, but I have to disagree.

It's not called "PROGRESS" when our overall productivity plumets. This
interface is completely counterintuitive to human reasoning, and doesn't help
"improve" or "extend" our business practices in any way. I work at a tech
firm, so we're not completely stupid about about adopting new technology. But
upgrading to '07 has been a huge mistake. We generally like Microsoft, but
we're pulling all '07 software off all of our systems.

"JohnR" wrote:

THIS IS CALLED "PROGRESS" I think.
Excuse the caps, but I get a little irritated when someone thinks that
Microsoft (or any company) works exclusively for him/her.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"Kevin" wrote in message
Sorry John, but I have to disagree.

It's not called "PROGRESS" when our overall productivity plumets.

But only for a short while. As a (now retired) Systems Accountant I can tell
you that most users use a small number of commands frequently - you can put
those on the QAT. As with previous versions, commands NOT used frequently
need to be found from the various menus. I find the 07 version MUCH more
intuitive for infrequently used commands...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SCChuck SCChuck is offline

No Gordon,
She's right. When Windows changed the interface, they allowed the user to
choose "Classic Windows". It's just not that many lines of code and costs MS
next to nothing.
Buying software isn't quite the same as buying a car. I think we have
reasonable expectations in thinking MS might do something intelligent. They
did it once before.
I pity the office that swaps out to MS Office 2007 because the boss likes
it. He can expect productivity to go down for some time.
Not smart of MS to make this change without providing the option of using a
"Classic View". Your answer of "not smart" of you to buy it might be right
but it doesn't fix it and it doesn't reduce the number of PO'd Office 2007
users at all.

"Gordon" wrote:

"B@22980" wrote in message
What is Gates thinking changing the interface I have used for the last 15
years!!!! HOW TOTALLY RUDE of Microsoft to stick this to me and all of
us!!!
Then to top it off I have to go and pay some third party $15 to $20 bucks
to provide me with a usable interface????

What a crock Bill!!! Thanks for nothing

Then DON'T BUY IT! Simple. Well it is for someone with even moderate
intelligence....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"SCChuck" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry mate, your rant doesn't cut the mustard at all. Maybe you should stick
with Windows 3.11 and Multimate.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OneOf TheBoys OneOf TheBoys is offline

what if you already have an IMPORTANT (EXTREMELY) file that you have to pass
in 2 days?

and you're already done with it, so theres no use having Word 2003...

and i REALLY have to edit this report i am doing, and i cant unlock it!!!!
all because the stupid "Tools" bar isn't there....

i'm extremely upset right now, and im confused.