Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Timiun Timiun is offline

Default "Downscale" A4 document to A6

Hey!

We have a very big (200+ pages) document written in A4.

Now, for some reason (don't ask why) the document is now going to be
printet in A6 instead (with the same number of pages - so we need to
zoom down from A4 to A6).

So we need to get our A4 word (2007) document, out to an A6 (pdf)
document.

I have search everywhere to no avail - anybody that has a idea on how
to do this??

Thanks a million.
/Jesper

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: "Downscale" A4 document to A6

Hi Jesper,

To downscale your A4 document to A6, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open your A4 document in Microsoft Word 2007.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Size" button in the "Page Setup" group.
  4. Select "A6" from the list of paper sizes.
  5. Click "OK" to apply the new paper size to your document.
  6. Your document will now be scaled down to fit on A6 paper. However, the font size and images may be too small to read or see clearly.
  7. To adjust the font size, select all the text in your document by pressing "Ctrl+A" on your keyboard.
  8. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon.
  9. Use the "Font Size" drop-down menu to increase the font size to a readable size.
  10. You may also need to adjust the margins and spacing to ensure that your document fits on the smaller page size.

Once you have made all the necessary adjustments, you can save your document as a PDF by clicking on "File" in the top left corner of the screen, selecting "Save As," and choosing "PDF" from the list of file types.
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Timiun Timiun is offline

Tried that, but the only thing that happens when you do that, is that
you only get an A6 portion of the dokument (so you only get the upper
left corner of the document)

I find that behavior strange, because the option indicates that you
scale the page - but you dont...

/Jesper

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

"Timiun" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hey!

We have a very big (200+ pages) document written in A4.

Now, for some reason (don't ask why) the document is now going to be
printet in A6 instead (with the same number of pages - so we need to
zoom down from A4 to A6).

So we need to get our A4 word (2007) document, out to an A6 (pdf)
document.

I have search everywhere to no avail - anybody that has a idea on how
to do this??

Thanks a million.
/Jesper- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

- Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Are you saying you get a quarter of the full-sized page? And this is true
even though you have A4 selected as the paper size for the document and are
choosing the "Scale to paper size" setting in the Print dialog and printing
to A6 paper? If so, this is a bug that should be reported.

"Timiun" wrote in message
ps.com...
Tried that, but the only thing that happens when you do that, is that
you only get an A6 portion of the dokument (so you only get the upper
left corner of the document)

I find that behavior strange, because the option indicates that you
scale the page - but you dont...

/Jesper

On 1 Nov., 19:32, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
In Word 2003, there is an option in the Print dialog to Zoom (reduce or
enlarge) to a specific paper size. Presumably Word 2007 offers the same
feature.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

so
all may benefit.

"Timiun" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hey!

We have a very big (200+ pages) document written in A4.

Now, for some reason (don't ask why) the document is now going to be
printet in A6 instead (with the same number of pages - so we need to
zoom down from A4 to A6).

So we need to get our A4 word (2007) document, out to an A6 (pdf)
document.

I have search everywhere to no avail - anybody that has a idea on how
to do this??

Thanks a million.
/Jesper- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

- Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I am not sure what you did, but in Word 2007 is you select 4 Pages per
sheet, that is what you will get.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

ps.com...

"Timiun" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hey!

We have a very big (200+ pages) document written in A4.

Now, for some reason (don't ask why) the document is now going to be
printet in A6 instead (with the same number of pages - so we need to
zoom down from A4 to A6).

So we need to get our A4 word (2007) document, out to an A6 (pdf)
document.

I have search everywhere to no avail - anybody that has a idea on how
to do this??

Thanks a million.
/Jesper- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

- Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Went back and read your original question. To do that, you will need to
define a custom page size in File Print dialog by selecting Properties when
you have the Adobe PDF Printer selected and then in the Adobe PDF Document
Properties dialog, go to the Paper/Quality tab and the Advanced button and
in the Adobe PDF Converter Advanced Options dialog, for Paper Size, select
PostScript Custom and set the size of the sheet to which you want to print.
(If necessary, click on the Edit Custom Page Size button to bring up the
PostScipt Custom Page Size Definition dialog.)

The click on OK as required to get back to the Word File Print dialog and in
the Pages per sheet pulldown, select 4, BUT, print only one page at a time.

The following code in a macro will cause Word to Print only one page at a
time:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropertyPages)
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="i", To:="i",
PrintZoomColumn:=2, PrintZoomRow:=2
Next i
End With

But with Adobe, you are going to need to provide a file name for each page.
It may therefore be better to first split the document into a separate file
for each page, which can be done with the following macro:

' splitter Macro

' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to save each page of a document

' as a separate file with the name Page#.DOC

'

Dim Counter As Long, Source As Document, Target As Document

Set Source = ActiveDocument

Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory

Pages = Source.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropertyPages)

Counter = 0

While Counter Pages

Counter = Counter + 1

DocName = "Page" & Format(Counter)

Source.Bookmarks("\Page").Range.Cut

Set Target = Documents.Add

Target.Range.Paste

Target.SaveAs FileName:=DocName

Target.Close

Wend

which will create files named Page1, Page2, Page3, etc

Then you could modify the code in the Article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch
of documents in the same folder" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm

so that instead of the Find and Replace routine, you made use of the
following code:

.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="1", To:="1", PrintZoomColumn:=2,
PrintZoomRow:=2

And then if you have set up Adobe PDF so that it does Prompt for the PDF
File Name, it should create separate files named Page1.pdf, Page2.pdf, etc.

Then in Adobe, use the Create PDF from Multiple Files utility to combine the
individual .pdf files back into one.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

ps.com...

"Timiun" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hey!

We have a very big (200+ pages) document written in A4.

Now, for some reason (don't ask why) the document is now going to be
printet in A6 instead (with the same number of pages - so we need to
zoom down from A4 to A6).

So we need to get our A4 word (2007) document, out to an A6 (pdf)
document.

I have search everywhere to no avail - anybody that has a idea on how
to do this??

Thanks a million.
/Jesper- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

- Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
len len is offline

Did you get your answer? i am trying to print 4 pages to a page an am doing
is "By the book" as per the help file in word however is still will not work.
it prints on a quarter of the page but only one section and not 4.

please help

Len

"Timiun" wrote:

Hey!

We have a very big (200+ pages) document written in A4.

Now, for some reason (don't ask why) the document is now going to be
printet in A6 instead (with the same number of pages - so we need to
zoom down from A4 to A6).

So we need to get our A4 word (2007) document, out to an A6 (pdf)
document.

I have search everywhere to no avail - anybody that has a idea on how
to do this??

Thanks a million.
/Jesper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
len len is offline

Hi Suzanne,

This does not work for me because when i add the 1,1,1,1, in the pages box -
a dialog box comes up saying I can't do that.

Could I have inadvertantly clicked on some field and turned something off or
on to stop this from working because it has worked before.

Len

"Timiun" wrote:

Hey!

We have a very big (200+ pages) document written in A4.

Now, for some reason (don't ask why) the document is now going to be
printet in A6 instead (with the same number of pages - so we need to
zoom down from A4 to A6).

So we need to get our A4 word (2007) document, out to an A6 (pdf)
document.

I have search everywhere to no avail - anybody that has a idea on how
to do this??

Thanks a million.
/Jesper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
len len is offline

I can't believe it - you are fantastic, wonderful and sooooooo clever !
Thank you very much indeed.

Len