Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mercedes.K Mercedes.K is offline

Default conditional inclusion of pictures

Hi there...
I have created a form that has a dropdown list of airlines such as AlItalia,
Emirates, etc... and I've entered an IF / THEN string to include the logo of
the airline so that if Emirates is selected then the Emirates logo appears,
and so on and so forth.
I'm having a few issues though...
1) All the logos show, but one. For some reason when I "Update Field" after
selecting "Air France" the logo simply doesn't appear. I get a blank. As
far as I can see, the syntax is fine!
2) All the logos are saved at the same resolution of 200dpi and are all
approximately 3 inches wide and yet some show up at the right size and others
show up much smaller (about 1 inch wide)
3) Is there an easy way to have the "includepicture" field update
automatically? There are a number of users who will use this form and even
if I select to update fields in the options so that the form prints properly,
they're going to get confused when they don't see the logo pop up.

Here's a shortened version of what I have...
{IF {Dropdown1} = "Air France" "{Includepicture "D:\\Fake Stuff\\1 AWB
Logos\\AirFrance.jpg"}" {IF {Dropdown1} = "AlItalia" "{Includepicture
"D:\\Fake Stuff\\1 AWB Logos\\AlItalia.jpg"}" {IF {Dropdown1} = "Emirates"
"{Includepicture "D:\\Fake Stuff\\1 AWB Logos\\Emirates.jpg"}" "" }}}

Thanks so much
mercedes

Inserting pictures, pictures cluster when typing Don Microsoft Word Help 5 April 10th 07 09:58 PM
conditional merging Glenn Mailmerge 3 December 14th 05 08:26 PM
Conditional Slash Similar to Conditional Hyphen? Oliver St Quintin Page Layout 7 May 10th 05 09:41 PM
Conditional Printing nickrose Microsoft Word Help 0 March 2nd 05 11:07 PM
Conditional inclusion of WordArt? Bill Watkins Mailmerge 13 February 1st 05 03:51 PM