corpcounsel

Default How do I create multiple links to the same document?

I would like a document management system where a document can be located
through numerous paths. For example: a confidentiality agreement with
Customer X. I would like people in the office to be able to find this
document by going through two types of paths/file folders: "Confidentiality
Agreements" and "Customer X's file". I know I could do this by copying the
document in both folders, but there is room for error that way because the
document could be subsequently modified without having corrected all copies
of it. I also know there are programs to buy that would take care of this,
but they are expensive.

Thanks for your help.
Jay Freedman

corpcounsel wrote:
I would like a document management system where a document can be
located through numerous paths. For example: a confidentiality
agreement with Customer X. I would like people in the office to be
able to find this document by going through two types of paths/file
folders: "Confidentiality Agreements" and "Customer X's file". I
know I could do this by copying the document in both folders, but
there is room for error that way because the document could be
subsequently modified without having corrected all copies of it. I
also know there are programs to buy that would take care of this, but
they are expensive.

Thanks for your help.

Instead of copying the document to several folders, keep it in one place and
put shortcuts to it in the other folders. (This is a Windows function, not
specifically Word.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman