Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
richdad richdad is offline

Default Why does hourglass popup when I move my cursor in Word 2007

The hourglass pops up and Word stops for 2-3 seconds on every move of the
cursor. The hourglass doesn't popup when typing only when scrolling through a
word that has already been typed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
RD
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?cmljaGRhZA==?=,

The hourglass pops up and Word stops for 2-3 seconds on every move of the
cursor. The hourglass doesn't popup when typing only when scrolling through a
word that has already been typed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You may need to upgrade your video and / or mouse drivers. With the new file
format and rendering, Word works these awfully hard...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
richdad richdad is offline

Thanks Cindy. I did upgrade all the drivers but the problem was with an
add-in program (orgplus) that somehow was migrated over from Word 2003. I
received excellent help from MS Tech Support (glad I hung in there for over
45 minutes waiting on the phone) and once the add-in was found and deleted,
the program worked perfectly.

Thanks for taking the time to read my issue and respond.

cheers,

richdad

Hi ?B?cmljaGRhZA==?=,