Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grant Grant is offline

Default Some words not visible

When I open a Word 2003 document over the network from another computer, some
words in the document are not visible, especially italic words.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are those words hidden by chance? Highlight those disappearing words and
check Format - Font. See if there is a check beside hidden.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Grant" wrote in message
When I open a Word 2003 document over the network from another computer,
some
words in the document are not visible, especially italic words.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grant Grant is offline

JoAnn, There is a global problem with all my Word documents. Usually it is
only a few words that do not appear in a document. When I hit "Format, font,"
I can see the words in "Preview" but there is no "check" mark beside
"hidden."

"Grant" wrote in message
When I open a Word 2003 document over the network from another computer,
some
words in the document are not visible, especially italic words.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's a really weird problem. Is it certain words or completely random?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Grant" wrote in message
When I open a Word 2003 document over the network from another
computer,
some
words in the document are not visible, especially italic words.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does it occur if you send that document to another computer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

news

"Grant" wrote in message
When I open a Word 2003 document over the network from another
computer,
some
words in the document are not visible, especially italic words.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grant Grant is offline

Suzanne,

It appears that the font is installed and that the problem is consistently
italic words. I downloaded Office 7 beta and used the "style change" to
formal and the words appeared again! However, I still do not understand
what is happening. Almost all my previous saved documents with italics do not
appear.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Look in the Windows Fonts folder and make sure that the italic variant of
the font you're using is still installed.

news

"Grant" wrote in message
When I open a Word 2003 document over the network from another
computer,
some
words in the document are not visible, especially italic words.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Very strange. Since this is most likely a font or printer driver issue, you
might want to post in microsoft.public.word.printingfonts.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Look in the Windows Fonts folder and make sure that the italic variant

of
the font you're using is still installed.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news