Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nsurati nsurati is offline

Default I cannot save changes made to word files

My desktop is partitioned into 2 drives with 1 drive on win 98 and the
other winxp.

Last week I made changes in a couple of word files in my "My Documents"

both in win 98 and win XP. This week when I opened the files, they were

the same. The changes that I had made were just not there. I have saved

all the files while making these changes.

I tried making some changes and saving these files again and restarted
the computer. Again the changes did not get saved.

The properties for the document give an old date for last modified on.

Please Help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

There are two possibilities he

1. Your copy of Word is misbehaving and not saving the changes you made, or

2. You don't really understand what you've done with your unusual computer
configuration, and your files are not saved where you think they are.

Given that "My desktop is partitioned into 2 drives" doesn't make sense (you
can partition a drive; the desktop you see at any one time is a folder on
*one* drive), option 2 is the more likely. Your observation about the last
modified dates rather confirms it.

"nsurati" wrote in message
ps.com...
My desktop is partitioned into 2 drives with 1 drive on win 98 and the
other winxp.

Last week I made changes in a couple of word files in my "My Documents"

both in win 98 and win XP. This week when I opened the files, they were

the same. The changes that I had made were just not there. I have saved

all the files while making these changes.

I tried making some changes and saving these files again and restarted
the computer. Again the changes did not get saved.

The properties for the document give an old date for last modified on.

Please Help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nsurati nsurati is offline

I understand that I am not a computer geek or something but this
configuration of my computer has been since the time I bought it which
was 2 yrs back. I have been working on this configuration since 2 yrs
and I know exactly where am I saving my files.

Also, I have observed this problem only in the last 2 weeks.

I would appreciate if you could send in a response that will help
instead of commenting on my computer capabilities.

Thanks.

Jezebel wrote:
There are two possibilities he

1. Your copy of Word is misbehaving and not saving the changes you made, or

2. You don't really understand what you've done with your unusual computer
configuration, and your files are not saved where you think they are.

Given that "My desktop is partitioned into 2 drives" doesn't make sense (you
can partition a drive; the desktop you see at any one time is a folder on
*one* drive), option 2 is the more likely. Your observation about the last
modified dates rather confirms it.

"nsurati" wrote in message
ps.com...
My desktop is partitioned into 2 drives with 1 drive on win 98 and the
other winxp.

Last week I made changes in a couple of word files in my "My Documents"

both in win 98 and win XP. This week when I opened the files, they were

the same. The changes that I had made were just not there. I have saved

all the files while making these changes.

I tried making some changes and saving these files again and restarted
the computer. Again the changes did not get saved.

The properties for the document give an old date for last modified on.

Please Help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

No offence intended, but it's hard to diagnose the problem if you're unable
to explain it. The description you give makes no sense: your desktop is NOT
partitioned into two drives. As I said, either Word is misbehaving (which,
on your description, is unlikely), or more likely -- on the information
you've provided -- it's an operator error. It's also conceivable that your
file system has gone wrong, but this is unlikely in the absence of error
messages (which you would presumably have mentioned). But not a Word
problem, in any case.

oups.com...

Jezebel wrote:
There are two possibilities he

1. Your copy of Word is misbehaving and not saving the changes you made,
or

2. You don't really understand what you've done with your unusual
computer
configuration, and your files are not saved where you think they are.

Given that "My desktop is partitioned into 2 drives" doesn't make sense
(you
can partition a drive; the desktop you see at any one time is a folder on
*one* drive), option 2 is the more likely. Your observation about the
last
modified dates rather confirms it.

ps.com...