Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
June June is offline

Default How to print selected text and maintain location on page in Word?

Is there a way to highlight a section of text and print it, keeping the text
in the same location on the page, in Word? When I do this it always prints
it in the upper left hand of the page. I want to only print a selection in
the middle of the page and keep it in the middle of the page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

The only way to do this that I know of, excluding some gnarly VBA, is
to format the text on a page you don't want to print as either hidden
text or "white" font color then select and print the entire page.

June wrote:
Is there a way to highlight a section of text and print it, keeping the text
in the same location on the page, in Word? When I do this it always prints
it in the upper left hand of the page. I want to only print a selection in
the middle of the page and keep it in the middle of the page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

There's no direct method. You can fake it by setting all the text you don't
want to see to white.