Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CS Hayes CS Hayes is offline

Default "open with" Word and editing Web pages

This is just a little bit of my experience (which isn't expert level) but the
web pages may have been created in another program, some of those features
may not be compatible with Word. Maybe another program like "Expression Web"
may be better for editing web pages.
--
Chris Hayes
Still a beginner

"Richard Lovaas" wrote:

aWhen I try to open a saved Email or Web page with Word, I get an error
message, "Missing file C:\inc\style.css". After a delay, I usually get the
file openned in Word. Sometimes I have to repeat, and sometimes click the
toolbar.

In an unrelated matter, I saved a Web page and tried to edit it with Word,
in order to save part of the page. But the text was inclosed in a box or
frame, which I couldn't get rid of, and I didn't have full editing facilities
within the box. How do I get rid of boxes like that.?