Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Elliott Ian Elliott is offline

Default file opens indented to right

Thanks for any help.
I have a Word file that when opened, I can click on the left arrow at the
bottom to move to the left. In other words, it opens showing indented. I
would like it to open already showing from the left side, so I tried putting
my cursor on the left side and saving when showing from the left side. But
when I reopened, it still showed indented. It is not a big hassle to click on
the left arrow to move and show, but I would like to have it open that way.
The file was originally made by someone else, that's why I am not sure it
does this.
Any way I can do that?
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you viewing the document in Normal or Print Layout view? If in Normal,
it could be that the document really is indented (that is, that the creator
used indents instead of changing the margins. Try viewing it in Print Layout
view with document boundaries displayed (Tools | Options | View) and display
the ruler to see where the indents are relative to the ruler.

"Ian Elliott" wrote in message
Thanks for any help.
I have a Word file that when opened, I can click on the left arrow at the
bottom to move to the left. In other words, it opens showing indented. I
would like it to open already showing from the left side, so I tried

putting
my cursor on the left side and saving when showing from the left side. But
when I reopened, it still showed indented. It is not a big hassle to click

on
the left arrow to move and show, but I would like to have it open that

way.
The file was originally made by someone else, that's why I am not sure it
does this.
Any way I can do that?
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
avonmore avonmore is offline

Hi, there,

Can you tell me how to post a new article? I know how to reply now although.
Many thanks!

Avon
--
haha

"Ian Elliott" wrote:

Thanks for any help.
I have a Word file that when opened, I can click on the left arrow at the
bottom to move to the left. In other words, it opens showing indented. I
would like it to open already showing from the left side, so I tried putting
my cursor on the left side and saving when showing from the left side. But
when I reopened, it still showed indented. It is not a big hassle to click on
the left arrow to move and show, but I would like to have it open that way.
The file was originally made by someone else, that's why I am not sure it
does this.
Any way I can do that?
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In the web interface, just click New, and then click Question.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ian Elliott" wrote:

Thanks for any help.
I have a Word file that when opened, I can click on the left arrow

at the
bottom to move to the left. In other words, it opens showing

indented. I
would like it to open already showing from the left side, so I

tried putting
my cursor on the left side and saving when showing from the left

side. But
when I reopened, it still showed indented. It is not a big hassle

to click on
the left arrow to move and show, but I would like to have it open

that way.
The file was originally made by someone else, that's why I am not

sure it
does this.
Any way I can do that?
Thanks for any help.

When I download a jpeg file it opens in word as text. Help! sunnyconfusion Microsoft Word Help 1 October 2nd 05 01:37 AM
How to creat relative and shorthand file path names? 2dogs Microsoft Word Help 1 May 15th 05 12:11 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
File opens ad read only Danny Sanders New Users 0 March 4th 05 09:26 PM
Convert File box opens ech time I open a Word 2003 document Roberta Microsoft Word Help 1 February 9th 05 11:50 PM