Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
d michael smith d michael smith is offline

Default removing protected cell highlights

Hi,

I use Word 2003 I have inserted tables into my document and and protected
some cells from changes while leaving others open to comments only. When the
document is opened by me or someone else the cells that are 'writable' are
highlighted inside with small, gold parenthesis. In the viewing pane I can
remove these highlights but I wish to make it so they do not appear at all
when opening the document. The majority of the people who will use this form
will be discombobulated by the highlights and I would spare them the trauma.
(By the way I though discombobulate was a made up word until last week when I
passed through security at Mitchell airport in Milwaulkee and was directed to
the re-combobulation section after the x-ray, metal detector, take your shoes
of and empty your pockets check point).

Any help would be appreciated!
--
dkelly