Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MBD MBD is offline

Default How can I get a list of fonts used in a long Word 2003 document?

I have a 370 page Word 2003 document. In it I must use 10-15 fonts (Hebrew,
Greek, transliteration fonts, etc.). I must have inadvertently used a
restricted (non-embeddable) font. When I go to save and embed fonts, it
crashes. When I try to create a PDF file, it crashes. Is there a utility that
will read a Word document and list restricted fonts used? It probably is only
a word or two in the document. For example, I have several Hebrew fonts, only
one of which is restricted.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

What may help - if you know what font it is - is to use Word's Find feature.
Don't type anything in the Find What: box, click the More button (if
necessary), then click the Format button & select Font. Specify the font you
suspect then Click OK, Find Next. You can also set the Replace With: in the
same way to choose the replacement if you're going to use a different font.

Don't forget to clear the format specs whaen youre done
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"MBD" wrote in message
I have a 370 page Word 2003 document. In it I must use 10-15 fonts (Hebrew,
Greek, transliteration fonts, etc.). I must have inadvertently used a
restricted (non-embeddable) font. When I go to save and embed fonts, it
crashes. When I try to create a PDF file, it crashes. Is there a utility
that
will read a Word document and list restricted fonts used? It probably is
only
a word or two in the document. For example, I have several Hebrew fonts,
only
one of which is restricted.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Page 43 doesn't tell anyone anything - not even if you are using the web
interface. The subject line would be a better pointer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"MBD" wrote:

I have a 370 page Word 2003 document. In it I must use 10-15 fonts
(Hebrew,
Greek, transliteration fonts, etc.). I must have inadvertently used a
restricted (non-embeddable) font. When I go to save and embed fonts, it
crashes. When I try to create a PDF file, it crashes. Is there a utility
that
will read a Word document and list restricted fonts used? It probably is
only
a word or two in the document. For example, I have several Hebrew fonts,
only
one of which is restricted.

Can't get Word 2003 to keep data file with mail merge main documen Yourcareercoach Mailmerge 9 August 10th 06 12:19 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How to reformat a complete document. wanda Microsoft Word Help 16 February 11th 06 11:43 PM