Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darby Darby is offline

Default Why does my auto text entry not appear in my document when I type

I have entered an auto text entry and when I begin to type the first couple
letters it does not automatically appear in the document. I have checked the
box that asks if I would like it to automatically suggest something too.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You must type four letters of the entry name before you will get the
AutoComplete tip. These four letters must be different from the first four
letters of the name of any other AutoText entry; if they are not unique,
you'll have to type more letters until you have typed a unique string.