TonyLGrimm

Default Merging multiple records on same main document until a field chang

I have a data source with several fields, two of which is Dorm and Room #.
The data is sorted by Dorm by Room #.

I want to create labels where I want to print the Students names that are in
the same dorm and room on the same label. When the Room # changes I want to
start a new label and print the next group of names on the next label until
the room changes again.

What's the best way to do this? I see that there is a "Next Record If"
feature but it doesn't seem to quite do it.

Any ideas?
Andrea Jones

Have a look at http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk/worddatabase.htm . You could
have a merge file containing each Room number and another file containing
room number and student name. Use the database toolbar to insert a database
field on each label to produce a table of all the students in that room, you
can then add the room field to that label from the rooms merge file and edit
the database field (press ALT+F9 to see the field code) to match the
MERGEFIELD value for the room (use CTRL+F9 to insert the curly braces for the
field code).

Andrea Jones
http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk
http://www.stratatraining.co.uk