Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mac McCarthy Mac McCarthy is offline

Default Printing on Dell inkjet in NORMAL shrinks printout to 25% normal!

Printing a formatted Word docx file in draft mode prints fine, but when I
change to Normal mode and color, the image on the page is about 25% of the
normal size!

Nothing I can do fixes it! Depart from draft b/w mode and a normal
letter-sized document shrinks to a fraction of its normal size. I am go CRAZY!

Mac McCarthy, Castro Valley, CA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is a known issue. The workaround that works for most users is to switch
from draft quality to normal mode before opening Word. If that doesn't help,
many users have reported that saving as a PDF and then printing the PDF
works.

"Mac McCarthy" wrote in message
Yes it is.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is this in Word 2007 beta?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mac McCarthy" Mac wrote in message
Printing a formatted Word docx file in draft mode prints fine, but

when I
change to Normal mode and color, the image on the page is about 25% of

the
normal size!

Nothing I can do fixes it! Depart from draft b/w mode and a normal
letter-sized document shrinks to a fraction of its normal size. I am

go
CRAZY!

Mac McCarthy, Castro Valley, CA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mac McCarthy Mac McCarthy is offline

Thanks, Susanne, I'll give it a shot. First, I;ll open the printer and set
default as Normal, and try printign that way. Then if that doesn't work, I'll
save as a PDF.

Appreciate your input! Knowing it's a known issue is, somehow oddly,
reassuring. At least it's not Just Me.

best,

mac

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a known issue. The workaround that works for most users is to switch
from draft quality to normal mode before opening Word. If that doesn't help,
many users have reported that saving as a PDF and then printing the PDF
works.

"Mac McCarthy" wrote in message
Yes it is.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is this in Word 2007 beta?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mac McCarthy" Mac wrote in message
Printing a formatted Word docx file in draft mode prints fine, but

when I
change to Normal mode and color, the image on the page is about 25% of

the
normal size!

Nothing I can do fixes it! Depart from draft b/w mode and a normal
letter-sized document shrinks to a fraction of its normal size. I am

go
CRAZY!

Mac McCarthy, Castro Valley, CA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean-Maarc Dallaire Jean-Maarc Dallaire is offline

Thank you Suzanne, I had the same issue with my Lexmark Z-32 printer. I've
been trying to play around with different printing settings but with no
results. Now using your solution everything is back to normal, which is a big
relief. I hope Microsoft is planning to release a fix to this soon.

Regards,
Jean-Marc

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a known issue. The workaround that works for most users is to switch
from draft quality to normal mode before opening Word. If that doesn't help,
many users have reported that saving as a PDF and then printing the PDF
works.

"Mac McCarthy" wrote in message
Yes it is.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is this in Word 2007 beta?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mac McCarthy" Mac wrote in message
Printing a formatted Word docx file in draft mode prints fine, but

when I
change to Normal mode and color, the image on the page is about 25% of

the
normal size!

Nothing I can do fixes it! Depart from draft b/w mode and a normal
letter-sized document shrinks to a fraction of its normal size. I am

go
CRAZY!

Mac McCarthy, Castro Valley, CA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad I could help (by passing along knowledge acquired here).

"Jean-Maarc Dallaire" Jean-Maarc wrote
in message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a known issue. The workaround that works for most users is to

switch
from draft quality to normal mode before opening Word. If that doesn't

help,
many users have reported that saving as a PDF and then printing the

PDF
works.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mac McCarthy" wrote in

message
Yes it is.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is this in Word 2007 beta?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mac McCarthy" Mac wrote in

message
Printing a formatted Word docx file in draft mode prints fine,

but
when I
change to Normal mode and color, the image on the page is about

25% of
the
normal size!

Nothing I can do fixes it! Depart from draft b/w mode and a

normal
letter-sized document shrinks to a fraction of its normal size.

I am
go
CRAZY!

Mac McCarthy, Castro Valley, CA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mac McCarthy Mac McCarthy is offline

I also tried your suggestion to reset the defaut for my printer to Normal
before trying to print, and it did indeed solve the problem! Thanks, Suzanne,
you're a champ!

best,

mac

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a known issue. The workaround that works for most users is to

switch
from draft quality to normal mode before opening Word. If that doesn't

help,
many users have reported that saving as a PDF and then printing the

PDF
works.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org