Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Default 2007 Equation Editor Shortcuts?

Hi All,

In the new Equation Editor in Office 2007 does anyone have a list of
keyboard shortcuts?

In the previous Equation Editor iteration there were several such as
'ctrl-f' for the fraction template, 'ctrl-h' for the powers, etc.

I've searched in Help and online with no luck. You can activate the
equation editor with 'alt+=' but after that no key combinations appear in
the toolbar 'hover'. I really rely on keyboard shortcuts to quickly insert
mathematical notation

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Hi Karen,

You'll be positively surprised by what this new equation editor can do
in terms of keyboard control. There are no keyboard shortcuts as with
2003, but there is a clever new way of building an entire formula just
from keyboard input.
See http://blogs.msdn.com/murrays/archiv...06/742274.aspx

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Karen" wrote in message
:

Hi All,

In the new Equation Editor in Office 2007 does anyone have a list of
keyboard shortcuts?

In the previous Equation Editor iteration there were several such as
'ctrl-f' for the fraction template, 'ctrl-h' for the powers, etc.

I've searched in Help and online with no luck. You can activate the
equation editor with 'alt+=' but after that no key combinations appear in
the toolbar 'hover'. I really rely on keyboard shortcuts to quickly insert
mathematical notation

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Thanks Patrick, that is exactly what I was looking but..............it will
certainly take some time to digest

--
Karen

"Karen" wrote in message
:

Hi All,

In the new Equation Editor in Office 2007 does anyone have a list of
keyboard shortcuts?

In the previous Equation Editor iteration there were several such as
'ctrl-f' for the fraction template, 'ctrl-h' for the powers, etc.

I've searched in Help and online with no luck. You can activate the
equation editor with 'alt+=' but after that no key combinations appear in
the toolbar 'hover'. I really rely on keyboard shortcuts to quickly
insert
mathematical notation

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Hi Patrick,

Hate to be a pest but, so far, it seems I can only type one line in the
Equation Editor and, of course, I am
trying to type a solution like:

2x = 4
x = 2

In the Equation Editor, when I press 'Enter' to move down to the next line
in the solution, I pop out of the Equation Editor. The 'Help' files are
less than informative. Do you know how to write a multi-line solution in
the editor?

--

"Karen" wrote in message
:

Hi All,

In the new Equation Editor in Office 2007 does anyone have a list of
keyboard shortcuts?

In the previous Equation Editor iteration there were several such as
'ctrl-f' for the fraction template, 'ctrl-h' for the powers, etc.

I've searched in Help and online with no luck. You can activate the
equation editor with 'alt+=' but after that no key combinations appear in
the toolbar 'hover'. I really rely on keyboard shortcuts to quickly
insert
mathematical notation

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Press shift+enter instead of enter. Afterwards, select your equations,
right-click the selection and pick "align at =".

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

:

"Karen" wrote in message
:

Hi All,

In the new Equation Editor in Office 2007 does anyone have a list of
keyboard shortcuts?

In the previous Equation Editor iteration there were several such as
'ctrl-f' for the fraction template, 'ctrl-h' for the powers, etc.

I've searched in Help and online with no luck. You can activate the
equation editor with 'alt+=' but after that no key combinations appear in
the toolbar 'hover'. I really rely on keyboard shortcuts to quickly
insert
mathematical notation

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Hmmm, shift-enter opens another equation object, I should be able to place
an entire solution in one object. I also do not have the "align at ='
choice at all, in fact no 'align' choice whatsoever. There is the
'Professional' and 'Linear' choices which have no effect. Is this the best
newsgroup to find the Equation Editor groupies? So far, I'm inclined to
contact Design Science and ask them to put a rush on the Mathtype version
for Word 2007

--

:

"Karen" wrote in message
:

Hi All,

In the new Equation Editor in Office 2007 does anyone have a list of
keyboard shortcuts?

In the previous Equation Editor iteration there were several such as
'ctrl-f' for the fraction template, 'ctrl-h' for the powers, etc.

I've searched in Help and online with no luck. You can activate the
equation editor with 'alt+=' but after that no key combinations appear
in
the toolbar 'hover'. I really rely on keyboard shortcuts to quickly
insert
mathematical notation

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

AFAIK, you can have one equation per equation object only. So that it
opens another one is correct. Did you select both equations objects and
right-clicked?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

:

:

"Karen" wrote in message
:

Hi All,

In the new Equation Editor in Office 2007 does anyone have a list of
keyboard shortcuts?

In the previous Equation Editor iteration there were several such as
'ctrl-f' for the fraction template, 'ctrl-h' for the powers, etc.

I've searched in Help and online with no luck. You can activate the
equation editor with 'alt+=' but after that no key combinations appear
in
the toolbar 'hover'. I really rely on keyboard shortcuts to quickly
insert
mathematical notation

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

OK, so it works as designed You were right about selecting several
objects, then the 'align....' became available. Thanks very much for the
help today

--

:

:

"Karen" wrote in message
:

Hi All,

In the new Equation Editor in Office 2007 does anyone have a list of
keyboard shortcuts?

In the previous Equation Editor iteration there were several such as
'ctrl-f' for the fraction template, 'ctrl-h' for the powers, etc.

I've searched in Help and online with no luck. You can activate the
equation editor with 'alt+=' but after that no key combinations appear
in
the toolbar 'hover'. I really rely on keyboard shortcuts to quickly
insert
mathematical notation

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

You are welcome

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
http://pschmid.net
***