Kind writer/user/programmer

Default Getting the format of a table

Thanks for the helpful suggestions of defining table behaviour with VBA.

I've been experimenting with the TableAutoFormat and discovered contention
between style definitions and Table AutoFormat definitions.

This new feature (Table Autoformat) bulldozes over styles. Thus, if I've set
the header row with a Table Heading style defined as bold centered text, when
I apply the TableTemplate, the first row bold setting in the TableAutoFormat
toggles this attribute to not bold.

Reveal formatting is willy-nilly:

TableFormat defines the paragraph alignment as left. The paragraph style is
defined as centered. Its centered. TableFormat defines the font style as
Arial. But I can't get the Bold to stick.

Selecting Clear Formatting in the Reveal Formatting pane (when the table is
selected), formats all the cells to be the selected Table style- I can't get
a paragraph or character style to display, but the paragaphs jump to 6 points
above and below--I presume based on Normal paragraph style. I didn't set
paragraph spacing in the Table AutoFormat, yet it pulled one out of somewhere.

How to erase/squelch/remove Table AutoFormat from a table? I can figure out
table to text, text to table--I want to know where to find--and alter-- the
hidden attributes for an entire table? Reveal all formatting doesn't permit
me to delete the table's AutoFormat setting--and "clear formatting" defaults
to the AutoFormat which has hidden controls for paragraph spacing, special
character formatting (i.e., empahsis on certain words).