Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MM

Default How do I to set numbers to currency in table formatting?

I'm a WordPerfect fan and can do anything I want in formatting a table in WP;
however, some forms I have to use are in Word and converting the table to WP
has proved to be a problem. I need to know how to format the cells of a
table in Word 2003 to currency so that when I type "123.2" it automatically
formats to "$123.20". Can anyone help? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod

Hi MM

If you're using a Word form (i.e. with form fields), then you format the
field values by changing its properties. To do this, right click on the
form, select properties, choose 'Number' from the 'type' dropdown and either
choose or input the format you want from the 'number' dropdown. You can
format any formula fields referring to these by inserting the appropriate
numeric picture switch - Word's help describes how.

If you're talking about a plain table, the cells are free-form by default
and the formatting is entirely dependent on you. If you need Excel-like
formatting, you could insert an Excel worksheet, or just use Excel.

Cheers