Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
amy amy is offline

Default Random Data Missing from Excel Data Source

I have a mail merge document in Word 2003 connecting to a spreadsheet in
Excel 2003. As I merge the data into the document, information from one or
more columns "disappears", or shows up as zeros. The columns are all
formatted as "General", and contain a variety of text and numbers. The thing
is, data that was there yesterday may not show up today, and vice versa. I
inserted another column next to one of the ones I'm having trouble with, and
test data showed up, but copying and pasting all of the values from the
original column made it disappear again. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

There's an explanation at http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm

The DDE workaround mentioned there may be enough.
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk