Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Karin S Karin S is offline

Default managing page breaks

I'm using Word 2007 to create a "directory" of recipes, something like this:
(merge fields shown in )

Recipe
Ingredients:
Ingredients
Directions:
Directions

I want to:
1) have the Ingredients show up in two columns
and
2) fit as many COMPLETE recipes on each page, without recipes breaking at
the bottom of the page.

Here's my problem. To get my ingredients the way I want them, I can format
Ingredients to two columns, which inserts a continuous section break
before and after. And to keep recipes from breaking at the bottom of a page,
I can set everything except the last line, Directions, to "Keep with
next" and "Keep lines together". Each of those things on their own do
exactly what I want. But if I do them both, nothing works; the recipes don't
stay together, and the ingredients are sometimes in one column, sometimes in
two equally-long ones and sometimes in two with way more stuff in the left
column that in the right. Huh?!?

Any ideas on how I can have both work correctly? And why what I tried ISN'T
working?

Thanks,
Karin