Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eaglesight eaglesight is offline

Default How do you change text to display in small capitals in Word 2007:

In Word 97 I could click on highlighted text and select font, and I could
then select small caps in the font dialog. I have found the buttins for
switching text to all caps but this is not the same thing.

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Select the text, right click, select Font - select small caps.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"eaglesight" wrote in message
In Word 97 I could click on highlighted text and select font, and I could
then select small caps in the font dialog. I have found the buttins for
switching text to all caps but this is not the same thing.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Eaglesight,

On the Home Ribbon in Word 2007 at the bottom right of the Fonts group is a small square. That's a dialog launcher and it will
bring up the dialog box that you had previously wher you can select Small caps. You can also use the prior version keyboard
shortcuts of Ctrl+D (except when a graphic/drawing item is selected) and Alt, O, F will still work.

===========
"eaglesight" wrote in message ...
In Word 97 I could click on highlighted text and select font, and I could
then select small caps in the font dialog. I have found the buttins for
switching text to all caps but this is not the same thing.

Thanks for any help.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Suzanne,

Ahh, one of the ones I tend not to use else I feel like I'm in the midst of a game of twister trying to reach all of those keys at
the same time g as I almost always use the Ctrl & shift key on the left side of the keyboard (initial typing classes were on a
teletype and that's the only side that had a shift key g).

Also turned out to be one that had been mistakenly typed by one user who couldn't figure out why everything being typed was in small
caps in a new document. If you use Ctrl+Shift+K in a blank document (i.e. with nothing selected) then use
=lorem(15,15)
(Word 2007) all of the generated text os in small caps, but there's nothing on the ribbon to show it

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
And Ctrl+Shift+K is the keyboard shortcut for Small Caps.

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I agree about the inconvenience of that shortcut, which is why I have
swapped it with the Insert Hyperlink shortcut (Ctrl+K), which I very rarely
need. And I also have a toolbar button for Small Caps (I tend to use
keyboard shortcuts when typing, toolbar buttons when editing/formatting).