Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sidd Sidd is offline

Default Upgrading from Office 2003 (student teacher edition) to Office 200

Hello,

Approximately what would be the cost of upgrading my Office 2003 (student
teacher edition) to Office 2007 Professional ?

Is it worthwile to switch over to 2007 professional yet ?

I have registered version of Office 2003, but ended up with problems...
Winword.exe never turns up in the list of recommended programs (I tried all
the possibilities provided as suggestions in this forum, but without luck). I
even re-installed office, but without luck on this front too..

Let me know.

Regards,.
Sidd
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Since you have a license for 2003, it might be worth your time to figure out
how to solve those problems. If there are programs you need and don't have,
then upgrading might be the way to go. I'd suggest starting with the option
that doesn't cost you anything first.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sidd" wrote in message
Hello,

Approximately what would be the cost of upgrading my Office 2003 (student
teacher edition) to Office 2007 Professional ?

Is it worthwile to switch over to 2007 professional yet ?

I have registered version of Office 2003, but ended up with problems...
Winword.exe never turns up in the list of recommended programs (I tried
all
the possibilities provided as suggestions in this forum, but without
luck). I
even re-installed office, but without luck on this front too..

Let me know.

Regards,.
Sidd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I believe that the Student and Teacher Edition license does not qualify for
an upgrade, so you're going to be facing the cost of full retail price to
upgrade. You may want to have second thoughts.

What do you mean by "list of recommended programs"? If you just want a
shortcut on the Start menu, it's easy enough to add one, or to the desktop
or Quick Launch bar, or you can assign a keyboard shortcut to start Word.

"Sidd" wrote in message
Hello,

Approximately what would be the cost of upgrading my Office 2003 (student
teacher edition) to Office 2007 Professional ?

Is it worthwile to switch over to 2007 professional yet ?

I have registered version of Office 2003, but ended up with problems...
Winword.exe never turns up in the list of recommended programs (I tried
all
the possibilities provided as suggestions in this forum, but without
luck). I
even re-installed office, but without luck on this front too..

Let me know.

Regards,.
Sidd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

STE 2003 does qualify, STE XP doesn't. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]