Bruce Teschner

Default text typed in the middle of a word doc. replaces text

I want to insert a change as I'm editing a Word 2003 document, but as I type,
the text ahead of the insertion, is replaced by it. How do I change this
annoying behavior?
thank you
Bruce Teschner
Jay Freedman

Bruce Teschner wrote:
I want to insert a change as I'm editing a Word 2003 document, but as
I type, the text ahead of the insertion, is replaced by it. How do I
change this annoying behavior?
thank you
Bruce Teschner

Press the Insert key (again). You're in overtype mode and you want to be in
insert mode.

Watch the letters OVR on the status bar to see which mode is active -- black
means overtype, gray means insert. (You can also switch modes by
double-clicking those letters.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman