Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RB RB is offline

Default Save Author Property Word 2007 Template

In Word 2007 I created a template which has a organizational name (e.g. ACME)
for the author.
The template is stored on a shared drive so that others in the organization
can use it.

When I open the template and then save as a word file (.docx), my personal
name is inserted in the author field.

Is there a way to save/retain the author property specified in the template
so that the organizational name is saved with new word docs saved from the
template?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Author is a property set in Tools Options User Information and stored on
a per user basis in the registry and not with the document.
You could set the Organisation as a custom property in your template and use
a Docproperty field to reproduce that information.