Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Victor Delta[_2_] Victor Delta[_2_] is offline

Default Check box problem

I want to include a check box in a form I have created. It appears that to
make the box checkable by users, i.e. by clicking on it, I have to lock the
table/form. However, doing this prevents anyone entering text on the others
parts of the table/form.

Is there any way to make the box checkable without rendering the rest of the
form locked please? (One workaround is to double click the box and click on
the Checked option. However, this is not really a very user friendly
solution for what surely should be simple.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

For a form that includes check boxes, you must add text form fields and
dropdown list fields for data entry in the rest of the form. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

If you want to avoid a protected form, you can use a macro+AutoText-based
check box that requires a double-click; see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm

http://word.mvps.org