Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] faceman28208@yahoo.com is offline

Default Themes: How Effective?

I have been trying out themes for the first time and have to wonder
how effective they really are or if this is just flexibility taken to
overkill.

In particular, I have to wonder about theme fonts. While mixing and
matching colors is not that problematic, font changes can really throw
off a carefully designed template.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Themes are fine if you like being "fancy". I don't think they are something
I'll ever use on the job. I tend to focus on content, not whether it's
pretty.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
I have been trying out themes for the first time and have to wonder
how effective they really are or if this is just flexibility taken to
overkill.

In particular, I have to wonder about theme fonts. While mixing and
matching colors is not that problematic, font changes can really throw
off a carefully designed template.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I'd say that assuming you're familiar with templates and styles, you'll
manage just fine. There's no need to bother with themes. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
I have been trying out themes for the first time and have to wonder
how effective they really are or if this is just flexibility taken to
overkill.

In particular, I have to wonder about theme fonts. While mixing and
matching colors is not that problematic, font changes can really throw
off a carefully designed template.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

They are nice but I do very few Word docs for personal use that are more
than something very basic. I really don't do a lot with Word at work. I'm
usually buried up to my eyebrows in Excel. Even there I use few frills -
goes back to that content thing again. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]