Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Earthman Earthman is offline

Default Macros disabled warning in MS Word doc with no macros

Running MS Office Pro 2007 on XP Pro notebook. MS Word document saved as MS
Word 2003 for the benefit of associates.

When I open a particular document, I get "Security Warning: Macros have been
disabled." This particular document used to have macros, which I wrote to
facilitate some actions, but I deleted them so that associates didn't need to
deal with the warnings. The macros were deleted using the VBA editor window.

Although the macros have been deleted, I still get the warning. Is there
still some remnant of the macros? Where would the remnant be? Is there a
way to clear this up?

Thanks...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Some macro storage components may have been left over.

Try this:
Select Save As and select €śRich Text Forrmat (*.rtf)€ť from the Save as type
list.
Now your active document is the RTF-file.
Select Save As again. This time, select €śWord Document (*.doc)€ť from the
Save as type list (accept to replace existing file).

You may need to close and reopen the file in between the Save As operations
€“ however, in my test, it works without doing so.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Earthman" wrote:

Running MS Office Pro 2007 on XP Pro notebook. MS Word document saved as MS
Word 2003 for the benefit of associates.

When I open a particular document, I get "Security Warning: Macros have been
disabled." This particular document used to have macros, which I wrote to
facilitate some actions, but I deleted them so that associates didn't need to
deal with the warnings. The macros were deleted using the VBA editor window.

Although the macros have been deleted, I still get the warning. Is there
still some remnant of the macros? Where would the remnant be? Is there a
way to clear this up?

Thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

For future reference, when working in Word 2007 you can save the
original document as a *.docx file instead of a *.rtf file, then open
that .docx and save as *.doc. That will also clear out any remaining
macro components.

I don't think there's any practical difference between *.rtf and
*.docx for this purpose. It's just another path to the same result.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 07:49:02 -0800, Lene Fredborg
wrote:

Some macro storage components may have been left over.

Try this:
Select Save As and select “Rich Text Forrmat (*.rtf)” from the Save as type
list.
Now your active document is the RTF-file.
Select Save As again. This time, select “Word Document (*.doc)” from the