mscertified

Default Need one page in landscape mode, please HELP

I've been struggling with this for hours....
I need one page in a document to be in landscape mode since it contains a
report layout. All the rest of the document must be portrait.
I've tried the instructions from my Word 2000 book (even though I'm using
2003).
All I have succeeded in doing is making my entire document landscape mode
and now it defies all attempts to fix it.
Word sure makes everything very difficult.
Does anyone have any idea how this obtuse page layout facility works?

mscertified

I did that and it does not work (thats what the book said to do). The page
break before puts me in landscape mode but the page break after has no effect
- all the rest of my document is in landscape mode.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Insert new page section breaks before and after the landscape page. Format
each section independently: portrait or landscape as required.

"mscertified" wrote in message
I've been struggling with this for hours....
I need one page in a document to be in landscape mode since it contains a
report layout. All the rest of the document must be portrait.
I've tried the instructions from my Word 2000 book (even though I'm using
2003).
All I have succeeded in doing is making my entire document landscape mode
and now it defies all attempts to fix it.
Word sure makes everything very difficult.
Does anyone have any idea how this obtuse page layout facility works?

mscertified

I attempted to follow the instructions at that link. I did exactly what was
said. When I got to step 1.7 and chose View -- Header and Footer that menu
option is grayed out so I cannot proceed.
What do I do now?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

"mscertified" wrote in message
I've been struggling with this for hours....
I need one page in a document to be in landscape mode since it contains a
report layout. All the rest of the document must be portrait.
I've tried the instructions from my Word 2000 book (even though I'm using
2003).
All I have succeeded in doing is making my entire document landscape mode
and now it defies all attempts to fix it.
Word sure makes everything very difficult.
Does anyone have any idea how this obtuse page layout facility works?

mscertified

OK, the reason for my previous problem is that my document is protected and
apparently we are not supposed to look at headers and footers (they make
everything very difficult for us here). I'm surprised that possibility was
not mentioned for in those instructions. I think I'll give up and use a very
very small font. They can look at that page with a magnifying glass.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

"mscertified" wrote in message
I've been struggling with this for hours....
I need one page in a document to be in landscape mode since it contains a
report layout. All the rest of the document must be portrait.
I've tried the instructions from my Word 2000 book (even though I'm using
2003).
All I have succeeded in doing is making my entire document landscape mode
and now it defies all attempts to fix it.
Word sure makes everything very difficult.
Does anyone have any idea how this obtuse page layout facility works?

The article assumes that you are the creator and owner of the document.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.