Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Connie Boaz

Default My background graphic prints in tiles

My company wants to use a graphic a our online letterhead. However when it
it put in the header it is too big and you cannot do anything else in the
header, like change chapter headings etc. When I placed the graphic as a
background it prints in tiles. What can I do to make this graphic our online
Word letterhead for the company to use?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

When placing the logo in the header, did you try placing the object Behind
text (Format Object, on the Layout tab)? If you do this, you should be
able to type "over" the logo.

"Connie Boaz" wrote:

My company wants to use a graphic a our online letterhead. However when it
it put in the header it is too big and you cannot do anything else in the
header, like change chapter headings etc. When I placed the graphic as a
background it prints in tiles. What can I do to make this graphic our online
Word letterhead for the company to use?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

You want the graphic to be on the H/F, but it doesn't need to be in the
Header box. You can put it anywhere on the page as long as it has Text
Wrapping set to something other than InLine with Text - Behind Text is
probably your best bet.

Unfortunately, there still is only a certain amount of space to work with,
so if the image is too big it should be resized using a graphics app (such
as Photoshop) & a copy saved for use in your letterhead.
--
HTH|:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac