Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Harry H.

Default Section Start Odd Page does not start on front side of paper

Using Office 2003 Pro SP2.

I have a two section document in which I have (repeatedly) set the second
section to start on an odd page. When it prints out, the second section
prints to the back side of the last physical page of the first section (which
is 5 pages in length). I've repeatdly performed an Insert | Break | Odd Page,
but all subsequent sections start on the reverse side of the physical page.
The page numbers for each section are correct (i.e., 1of 2, 2 of 2, etc.)

Any thoughts on what's wrong or how I can get around this without making the
first section an even number of pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Harry H.

I only had "Normal" and "Different First Page" set.

So I tried each "Mirror margins" and "Different Odd and Even". This fixes
the original problem, but also results in the 2-page second section
generating "Page 1 of 3" (and 2 of 3) in the footer. The pagination is built
using field codes: Page {Pages} of {SectionPages} in each footer.

The funny thing is that this document has a companion document structured
the same, using the same template, yet the other document does not have the
original problem.

Another point of information: I've also encountered the "Page 1 of 1"
problem for multi-page documents described he
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/PageXofY.htm

But I've got a work-around for that issue.

Thank you for your help; I'll do a search for the secondary problem.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This issue has been reported before. It appears that Word counts the blank
page it inserts as part of the following section (yes, this is a bug). Your
only recourse may be to use Page { Page } of { = { SectionPages } - 1 }.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have either "Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even"
header/footer enabled? Both of those are clues to Word that you're
duplexing.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Harry H.

Thank you. I'll try that...

Best regards,
Harry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Number of pages should restart with section page numbers Jim B Microsoft Word Help 7 March 12th 06 02:13 PM
page setup SP Page Layout 6 November 14th 05 07:08 PM
How Do I Delete Page Numbers I Don't Want! James Inman Microsoft Word Help 6 August 14th 05 10:25 PM
Insert objects at page breaks DRS - Jonathan Microsoft Word Help 4 November 29th 04 07:16 PM