Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
JimmyChoo

Default Is there anyway to have comments that only appear when clicked on?

I am putting a table together in word and am looking for handy hints to
appear for users, but only want them to appear when you place the cursor over
them. You can do this in excel but was wondering if there was any way of
getting it to work in word. Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod

Hi JimmyChoo,

If Word's comment feature is too intrusive, you could try adding a footnote
to the cells, and formatting the footnote text at 1pt white, with no
leading/training space. That way, the footnote will show up when hovered
over, but will have minimal visual impact on the document otherwise,
especially if you delete the footnote separator's bar and format the
separator itself at 1pt with no leading/training space.

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

news