Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill Ray Bill Ray is offline

Default Top and Bottom Margins Are Zero Until View Header is Opened

Hi All;

I am using Word 2003 SP2 on WinXP Pro SP2. When I open a document
(normal.dot template) the top and bottom margins are set to 1" but the
cursor is at the very top position. If I type text it will continue to
the very bottom of the page. If at any time I view header and footer,
the text immediately conforms to the correct 1" margins. When I close
the view header and footer, whether I added any text in either or not,
the margins are now correct and stay correct. Again, the top and
bottom margins are set to 1". If I open the normal.dot template the
page displays correctly with margins actually at 1". While I can live
with this, it would be nice to not have to open and close view headers
to correct the margins on a document without headers. I don't recall
when this started. I can't connect it to any other events with the
computer. I don't have any macros in the files.

I've been using Word for close to 20 years--Word Perfect before that.
This is a new one to me.

Thanks for your help.

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

[...]