Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil Phil is offline

Default Error message: There are too many edits in the document....

I still have a large number of edits to do. What do I do to clear this message
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Save and reopen the document.

"Phil" wrote in message
I still have a large number of edits to do. What do I do to clear this

message

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil Phil is offline

Thanks for the input. I tried that and I'm still getting the error message.

"Phil" wrote in message
I still have a large number of edits to do. What do I do to clear this

message

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UGhpbA==?=,

I tried that and I'm still getting the error message.

What kinds of things are you doing when the message
appears? How much editing are you able to do before it
appears the first time, again?

Save and reopen the document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil Phil is offline

I save the document, close it and then reopen it.

I happens again as soon as I try to paste something to the document.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?UGhpbA==?=,

I tried that and I'm still getting the error message.

What kinds of things are you doing when the message
appears? How much editing are you able to do before it
appears the first time, again?

Save and reopen the document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UGhpbA==?=,

I save the document, close it and then reopen it.

I happens again as soon as I try to paste something to the document.

OK, that may be useful information :-) What kind of thing are you
trying to paste?

If you create a new document, press ENTER, then use Insert/File to
bring in the document that's giving you problems, can you work in the
new document without getting the error message (or at least, not right
away)?

I tried that and I'm still getting the error message.

What kinds of things are you doing when the message
appears? How much editing are you able to do before it
appears the first time, again?

Save and reopen the document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil Phil is offline

Thank you. I was trying to insert a file. I just re-typed the whole thing
and it worked fine. my thought is that the problem is in the file I am
trying to insert and not my document.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?UGhpbA==?=,

I save the document, close it and then reopen it.

I happens again as soon as I try to paste something to the document.

OK, that may be useful information :-) What kind of thing are you
trying to paste?

If you create a new document, press ENTER, then use Insert/File to
bring in the document that's giving you problems, can you work in the
new document without getting the error message (or at least, not right
away)?

I tried that and I'm still getting the error message.

What kinds of things are you doing when the message
appears? How much editing are you able to do before it
appears the first time, again?

Save and reopen the document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UGhpbA==?=,

I was trying to insert a file. I just re-typed the whole thing
and it worked fine. my thought is that the problem is in the file I am
trying to insert and not my document.

Thanks for reporting back. Yes, a problem in the source file could
definitely be a factor. Glad you're up and running, now :-)