Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Glendahall Glendahall is offline

Default Word mail merge (Excel Recipents) need to include PDF doc when pri

I've read through all the discussions and found a couple that are close.
However, I need to Merge a Letter with a PDF Document. The Letter pulls
Shipping Confirmation Codes & Addresses from Excel. The PDF document needs
to print with each of the letters for easier envelope stuffing. When I
"snapshot" each page of the PDF and insert into the Mail Merge Letter the
"details of the diagrams & skus" are less than legible. Please help!!!!!!!
Thanks so much, Glenda J Hall
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See the article prepared by fellow MVP Doug Robbins at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

Glendahall wrote:
I've read through all the discussions and found a couple that are
close. However, I need to Merge a Letter with a PDF Document. The
Letter pulls Shipping Confirmation Codes & Addresses from Excel. The
PDF document needs to print with each of the letters for easier
envelope stuffing. When I "snapshot" each page of the PDF and insert
into the Mail Merge Letter the "details of the diagrams & skus" are
less than legible. Please help!!!!!!! Thanks so much, Glenda J Hall

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Glendahall Glendahall is offline

Default Word mail merge (Excel Recipents) need to include PDF doc when

Hi Graham!
Thanks so much for the link but I don't understand. Is this suppose to work
for a "physical snail mail situation"? I would like to print the (merged
letters) with a couple of PDF documents so when they print, they print
together. I understand the concept (I think) but I am not that saavy. I was
able to pull up the "Alt F9-View Field Codes" -I read about in another
discussion but it was for text or pictures. Is there a particular text
string to put in for PDF's?

I so appreciate your help. I did get quite abit of great info from your
site for other projects I am working on as well.

Thank you GRAHAM!

Glendahall wrote:
I've read through all the discussions and found a couple that are
close. However, I need to Merge a Letter with a PDF Document. The
Letter pulls Shipping Confirmation Codes & Addresses from Excel. The
PDF document needs to print with each of the letters for easier
envelope stuffing. When I "snapshot" each page of the PDF and insert
into the Mail Merge Letter the "details of the diagrams & skus" are
less than legible. Please help!!!!!!! Thanks so much, Glenda J Hall

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I suggest that you get hold of Snagit from www.techsmith.com You can then
use the Snagit "printer" to convert your .pdf document into a .jpg that you
can then insert into the Word document. My experience with doing such
things is that there is almost no noticeable deterioration in the quality of
the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Glendahall" wrote in message
I've read through all the discussions and found a couple that are close.
However, I need to Merge a Letter with a PDF Document. The Letter pulls
Shipping Confirmation Codes & Addresses from Excel. The PDF document
needs
to print with each of the letters for easier envelope stuffing. When I
"snapshot" each page of the PDF and insert into the Mail Merge Letter the
"details of the diagrams & skus" are less than legible. Please
help!!!!!!!
Thanks so much, Glenda J Hall

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I had wrongly assumed an e-mail merge. In the circumstances I would go with
Doug's suggestion. You can get a working trial of SnagIt. You will need to
insert the images other than in-line then resize them to ignore Word's
margins, to which they will naturally adapt.

Glendahall wrote:
I've read through all the discussions and found a couple that are
close. However, I need to Merge a Letter with a PDF Document. The
Letter pulls Shipping Confirmation Codes & Addresses from Excel.
The PDF document needs to print with each of the letters for easier
envelope stuffing. When I "snapshot" each page of the PDF and
insert into the Mail Merge Letter the "details of the diagrams &
skus" are less than legible. Please help!!!!!!! Thanks so much,
Glenda J Hall

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Glendahall Glendahall is offline

Thank both of you so very much! Works like a charm! Instead of using
snagit, I tested by saving the PDF 12 pg doc as jpeg. This separated the
pages into individual jpeg files. I changed my margins to .3 in word &
inserted them into the mail merge doc. When printed there was very minor
difference but a great printer made up the difference.