Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hpofql hpofql is offline

Default Can no longer see template format on document

I use a number of templates for sending letters, faxes etc. but now, whenever
I open them, I can't see any of the previously stored information such as
logo, address etc. These are not classed as headers or footers. They print
just fine but I cannot see them on screen and do not know why they have
'disappeared'. Is anyone able to help? I presume it is something simple but
no one here is able to advise me.

I am using Word 2003. Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

My guess is that you have accidentally hidden the headers and footers. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.

If you try what's suggested on that page and it does not solve the problem,
post back.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"hpofql" wrote in message
I use a number of templates for sending letters, faxes etc. but now,
whenever
I open them, I can't see any of the previously stored information such as
logo, address etc. These are not classed as headers or footers. They
print
just fine but I cannot see them on screen and do not know why they have
'disappeared'. Is anyone able to help? I presume it is something simple
but
no one here is able to advise me.

I am using Word 2003. Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hpofql hpofql is offline

Hi!

Thanks for getting back. No, these are not headers and footers. I'd
already checked that (and tried changing the View to all options available as
well). I can't see things on our Fax sheet such as the company logo, the To
box, the FAO box, From box, Date box etc. etc. - all in all about half a page
of A4. The same problem with headed paper templates, memos, compliments
slips etc. I'm currently having to use my laptop and put the documents onto
a USB stick and then print them from my desktop. Very frustrating!