Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trg01 trg01 is offline

Default Track changes color by author (first author is not showing up in r

I have a user who has selected to track changes by author. She is the first
person to make changes to the document but her changes are being tracked in
purple.

I thought when changes are tracked by Author, the first author's changes are
red, the second author is in blue, and every author after that is randomly
assigned a color that you have no control over.

This user wants her changes displayed in red but she wants to keep the "by
author" setting and not manually select red because others will be making
changes, too, and she wants them displayed in different colors.

I've never seen Word have the first author's changes show up in a color
other than red. Is there any place to change this?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can select a specific color or By Author. When you choose the latter,
you give up all control over the color used for your markup. And note that
the color used for you on your machine will not necessarily be the same as
that used for your changes on someone else's machine, so try to avoid
referring to specific colors when you describe your markup.

"trg01" wrote in message
I have a user who has selected to track changes by author. She is the

first
person to make changes to the document but her changes are being tracked

in
purple.

I thought when changes are tracked by Author, the first author's changes

are
red, the second author is in blue, and every author after that is randomly
assigned a color that you have no control over.

This user wants her changes displayed in red but she wants to keep the "by
author" setting and not manually select red because others will be making
changes, too, and she wants them displayed in different colors.

I've never seen Word have the first author's changes show up in a color
other than red. Is there any place to change this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey Harvey is offline

You can change color settings in Tools\options\track cahnges tab.
--
Best regards,
Harvey

"trg01" wrote:

I have a user who has selected to track changes by author. She is the first
person to make changes to the document but her changes are being tracked in
purple.

I thought when changes are tracked by Author, the first author's changes are
red, the second author is in blue, and every author after that is randomly
assigned a color that you have no control over.

This user wants her changes displayed in red but she wants to keep the "by
author" setting and not manually select red because others will be making
changes, too, and she wants them displayed in different colors.

I've never seen Word have the first author's changes show up in a color
other than red. Is there any place to change this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trg01 trg01 is offline

Default Track changes color by author (first author is not showing up

Thank you. I think the problem was we had changed her name under Tools,
Options, User Information but then didn't restart Word right away. Even
though we we opened on a new document and she was the first author to track
changes, the changes were coming out purple. After restarting Word, though,
the color then defaulted to red when tracking changes on all new documents
and this is what she was used to seeing.

I didn't realize that when you select "By Author", the color assigned to you
on your pc wouldn't necessarily be the same color when someone else opened
the document so thank you for that information. Very useful.

"trg01" wrote in message
I have a user who has selected to track changes by author. She is the

first
person to make changes to the document but her changes are being tracked

in
purple.

I thought when changes are tracked by Author, the first author's changes

are
red, the second author is in blue, and every author after that is randomly
assigned a color that you have no control over.

This user wants her changes displayed in red but she wants to keep the "by
author" setting and not manually select red because others will be making
changes, too, and she wants them displayed in different colors.

I've never seen Word have the first author's changes show up in a color
other than red. Is there any place to change this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For more scoop on Track Changes, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can select a specific color or By Author. When you choose the

latter,
you give up all control over the color used for your markup. And note

that
the color used for you on your machine will not necessarily be the same

as
that used for your changes on someone else's machine, so try to avoid
referring to specific colors when you describe your markup.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.