Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Donie Donie is offline

Default Time format problem

MERGEFIELDHi, I use a MS Word 2003 and Access 2003 on a Windows XP machine. I
fill data into the Access DB and then open a word doc mail merged to the DB.
I had it working fine for 2007 but I just created the 2008 version by copying
the two files and changing the data set.
All the data is populated into the word doc perfectly except for the time.
It shows the time as 1899-12-30 19:00:00 instead of 19:00.
I am using the mergefield code {MERGEFIELD "End Time"\@"h:mm"} and I've
tried various other variations but it still shows the same.
Is there a work around for this problem? I seem to remember some sort of
patch was required a while back for something like this.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

DH
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when
you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, you will be
given the option of using the DDE method of connection which should read the
data as you have it formatted in the table.

Donie wrote:
MERGEFIELDHi, I use a MS Word 2003 and Access 2003 on a Windows XP
machine. I fill data into the Access DB and then open a word doc mail
merged to the DB. I had it working fine for 2007 but I just created
the 2008 version by copying the two files and changing the data set.
All the data is populated into the word doc perfectly except for the
time. It shows the time as 1899-12-30 19:00:00 instead of 19:00.
I am using the mergefield code {MERGEFIELD "End Time"\@"h:mm"} and
I've tried various other variations but it still shows the same.
Is there a work around for this problem? I seem to remember some sort
of patch was required a while back for something like this.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

DH

Format Date and Time to show Military Time AlanFD Microsoft Word Help 2 September 22nd 06 10:44 PM
Date and time format Rjoines Microsoft Word Help 1 May 11th 06 05:32 AM
Time Format Andy Mailmerge 2 June 13th 05 12:34 PM
Time line format Boss is Bugging me Microsoft Word Help 1 January 20th 05 06:37 PM
time format in comments on changes anfrage Microsoft Word Help 2 December 1st 04 10:09 AM