Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BorisS BorisS is offline

Default labels problem

Am having issues with a label print. I have a document which I've set up as a
custom label sheet, with the widths and heights and all that defined I get
the mail merge to work pretty well (in that I do get records going in order
from one label to the next). Only issue is that I have some rules I need to
implement, and don't know how to use the rule function (this is in '07, FYI).

I need the address field 3 to only show up on a separate 3rd line, when it
is not blank. So I tried to have the cursor at the end of address line 2,
and then set the rule that IF address line 3 was not blank, then there should
be a carriage return inserted (for which I just entered carriage return in
the "insert this text" box). And otherwise, just enter nothing. Then I
entered the address line 3 field on the same line as address line 2, figuring
that if it was blank, it would remain there, and if it was filled, it would
have a carriage return, and then print.

This action seemed to screw my otherwise seemingly good merge (in the sense
that, even with the blank lines for the records with blank address line 3's,
the labels were at least consistently printing). But it does look odd, since
there are many address line 3 fields that are blank, and the labels don't
come out cleanly.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I'm panicking I cannot
make a deadline tomorrow morning for printing.
--
Boris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The correct syntax is as follows. Substitute the correct field names from
your data source as appropriate:

{ Mergefield Address2 } {IF { Mergefield Address 3 } "" "
{ Mergefield Address3 }" }
{ Mergefield Address4 }

BorisS wrote:
[...]

Labels Problem on Screen Mary84 Microsoft Word Help 1 November 29th 07 12:39 AM
Propogate labels problem Bev Mailmerge 3 May 19th 06 06:00 AM
Problem printing labels [email protected] Mailmerge 3 April 17th 06 10:00 PM
Problem with labels Edward Lee Page Layout 2 April 20th 05 04:34 AM
Labels problem with Word 97 Neil Jarman Tables 1 December 25th 04 01:22 AM