Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Tony is offline

Default Insert sharepoint field in Word 2007

Is it possible to insert the version of the sharepoint document in a Word
2007 document as a field? I have been trying to find documentation on this,
with no luck and presume not, but I just need this confirmed.

Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As far as I can tell you have to do some coding on the server to do this -
see e.g.

http://blogs.msdn.com/joerg_sinemus/...-document.aspx

(but I haven't tried it myself yet). I think you can add a calculated column
to the site and set it to [Version], but then you just get a one-time copy.
And I wouldn't call your new column "Version", either :-)

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Tony" wrote in message
Is it possible to insert the version of the sharepoint document in a Word
2007 document as a field? I have been trying to find documentation on
this,
with no luck and presume not, but I just need this confirmed.

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You might check the Insert tab, Quick Parts, Document Properties and see if
the Version field is available. I don't have access to SharePoint to confirm
if Version is an available field right now.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word