Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Littlebear Littlebear is offline

Default Invisible Table of Contents

I'm trying to help someone who has a quirky TOC. No idea who created this
template and it's pretty much messed up. But here's the deal.

Working in Word 2000. Fifteen page document, with headings set with Styles.

When I attempt to generate a TOC, nothing appears excelt the words "Table of
Contents and a zero next to it. No other information is being picked up.

Any ideas what might be the culprit?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

My guess is that the document doesn't contain any "real" headings
(paragraphs in Word's built-in heading styles or other styles with an
outline level higher than Body Text). Unless you've inserted the title
"Table of Contents" in one of those styles (and my guess is that you have),
you should not be seeing that in the TOC, either. It would help to know the
exact syntax of your TOC field (press Alt+F9 to display it).

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm for some tips on
controlling TOC content.

"Littlebear" wrote in message
I'm trying to help someone who has a quirky TOC. No idea who created this
template and it's pretty much messed up. But here's the deal.

Working in Word 2000. Fifteen page document, with headings set with

Styles.

When I attempt to generate a TOC, nothing appears excelt the words "Table

of
Contents and a zero next to it. No other information is being picked up.

Any ideas what might be the culprit?

Thanks.

FormField in a fixedsize table cell - how to avoid invisible conte ali Tables 1 August 10th 06 10:34 AM
"Invisible" shading (i.e., non-printable?) in table cells? StargateFanFromWork Tables 3 August 31st 05 05:41 PM
Invisible Table Cell Borders Ciel Clair Tables 4 June 1st 05 12:21 AM
invisible table border rog Tables 2 April 22nd 05 02:35 PM
How do I delete an invisible table in Word 2000? Mathis Tables 0 February 27th 05 12:17 AM