Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shana Shana is offline

Default Formatting problem with page breaks

I'm working on a document, comprised of several "Section" documents. Each
section has its own cover sheet. To differentiate between the flow of
content, there is a page break on each cover page, to ensure that the section
content begins at the top of page 2.

However, because of the placement of the page break, there is an H2 [blank]
line on the cover page, and the H2 heading at the top of page 2 appears twice
in the TOC -- once attributed to page 1 [the section cover sheet], and once
[correctly] attributed to page 2.

I've tried removing the break and trying adding a return, changing that
blank line to "clear formatting" and then adding a new break (instead of
inserting the break at the beginning of the H2 heading). However, that
results in an extra return appearing at the top of page 2 -- and it doesn't
look good to have a section not start at the top of the page.

Help!

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shana Shana is offline

Where can I find that command in a menu? When I entered "page break before"
in the ms help box, I didn't see specific information with these exact
keywords, and the topics presented don't seem to fit. I'm using Word 2002.

Thanks,

"Shana" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On the Line and Page Breaks tab of Format | Paragraph.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Format your H2 as "Page break before" instead of inserting a manual page
break.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.