Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jewels Jewels is offline

Default converting or encoding

I downloaded a document and i cant figure out if it needs to be converted or
encoded. All I know is I can't read it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Explain what you mean by "I can't read it."

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"jewels" wrote in message
I downloaded a document and i cant figure out if it needs to be converted
or
encoded. All I know is I can't read it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jewels Jewels is offline

it's not english. its encoded i guess. When i went to open the doc it brought
up some deal about converting and then ask me to choose the text encoding so
i could read it. none of them changed it where I could read it. Its an
application but looking at it you would never know it

"jewels" wrote in message
I downloaded a document and i cant figure out if it needs to be converted
or
encoded. All I know is I can't read it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jewels Jewels is offline

* Öãë'*Õ³Rþžƒõ +ÚÝXºSnµU|« öÜ_d¥»È~¨gºÆ+$úóŒQ*×zGæ8 þF,Å
v,ü@sʐ=QÚ¬ŸfŸ*«RB±-¹)ÞKa})
òRrY|v¬ÉïR*âX**üþ¿Õ?ÍÖuwÁ! :U ãX0* s\**¡â¸ø pN±3Ž©üZs`Å
Eñòü^Î9+¾,üëqûÿ1|

ã}9 ¢Ø ý_KÿêÐ UwEUÑf1ê6ïÏ ±r ƒUîR«´ß´±+'°s_¡Æg
Here is a bit of it

"jewels" wrote in message
I downloaded a document and i cant figure out if it needs to be converted
or
encoded. All I know is I can't read it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Where did you get the document from?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"jewels" wrote in message
I downloaded a document and i cant figure out if it needs to be
converted
or
encoded. All I know is I can't read it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Its an application but looking at it you would never know it

Actually, looking at the sample you posted, that is exactly what I would
think.

Is it a document, or an application?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"jewels" wrote in message
I downloaded a document and i cant figure out if it needs to be
converted
or
encoded. All I know is I can't read it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do you have a filter installed that will accommodate the document type that
you are trying to open? e.g. are you trying to open a Word 2007 document in
Word 2003 without having installed the compatibility pack?

jewels wrote:
I downloaded a document and i cant figure out if it needs to be
converted or encoded. All I know is I can't read it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jewels Jewels is offline

I downloaded the document from
http://www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com/...c/Default.aspx
I have 2007 student edition. I don't have any idea about the document.

jewels wrote:
I downloaded a document and i cant figure out if it needs to be
converted or encoded. All I know is I can't read it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If its a Word document in DOC format then it is corrupt!
If it is a Word document in DOCX format then you either need Word 2007 or
the compatibility pack - and if that won't open it, it too may be corrupt.
If neither then we would need to know what the document format was before
advising you how to open it and so far you haven't done that.
My guess is it's DOCX.
From where did you obtain it?

encoding confused Microsoft Word Help 2 November 11th 05 08:20 AM
Problem with encoding (at least I think) Agron New Users 4 May 10th 05 05:11 PM
Encoding Max Dylag Microsoft Word Help 0 February 19th 05 03:59 PM