Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brad Brad is offline

Default product key lost

I just installed office home and student 2007 on my computer. Running out of
uses. I lost the case which contains the product key to activate. This is a
legitimate copy.

Can someone please advise on either how to retrieve, or point me in the
right direction for support?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You just installed it, didn't activate it, and you've lost the case already?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811224
Warning: You will need to be able to prove you really own the disk.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Brad" wrote in message
I just installed office home and student 2007 on my computer. Running out
of
uses. I lost the case which contains the product key to activate. This
is a
legitimate copy.

Can someone please advise on either how to retrieve, or point me in the
right direction for support?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need the product key to install the software, not to activate it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Brad" wrote in message
I just installed office home and student 2007 on my computer. Running out
of
uses. I lost the case which contains the product key to activate. This
is a
legitimate copy.

Can someone please advise on either how to retrieve, or point me in the
right direction for support?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

It is, however, pretty careless to lose the case before you have used the
product 25 times!

However, if you are being prompted for a key, could it be that you had a
trial version on your computer, which ypu didn't remove before installing
Home and Student? If so, I think you need to remove both and re-install just
the H&S version afterwards. For this you *will* need the product key, which
you can obtain by running BelArc Advisor
(http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html).

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Brad" wrote in message
I just installed office home and student 2007 on my computer. Running out
of
uses. I lost the case which contains the product key to activate. This
is a
legitimate copy.

Can someone please advise on either how to retrieve, or point me in the
right direction for support?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brad Brad is offline

this is incorrect. it has been installed. it just needs to be activated. I
do appreciate the help.

"Brad" wrote in message
I just installed office home and student 2007 on my computer. Running out
of
uses. I lost the case which contains the product key to activate. This
is a
legitimate copy.

Can someone please advise on either how to retrieve, or point me in the
right direction for support?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brad Brad is offline

Thanks for the help. I had it before a move, from months ago, and just
wanted to install word 07 now so that quick parts could work for my outlook
07.